Bath Photographic Society (BPS) is staging an exhibition of the work of some of its members. The show is at St Michael’s Church and runs from 18-22 April and features some stunning images. The image is by Jeremy Richards and is called carnival.
The society aims to promote an appreciation of all forms of photography, as well as encourage participation no matter what the level of experience or area of interest.
Their key activities include:-
- Meetings – every Tuesday evening from September – June starting at 7.30pm. This is our main point of contact with each other, The programme has a variety of guest speakers, competitions and discussion evenings, with occasional practical sessions. Your first visit, or two, is absolutely free until you decide if membership is for you. You will always get a warm welcome and please ask as many questions as you can think of.
- Meetings start at 7.30pm and we break at around 8.30pm for coffee/tea and a general chinwag where you can get to know people.We even might chat about photography! Meetings usually finish around 9.45pm
- An annual exhibition is held to showcase members work and everyone is encouraged to enter.
- We also have a permanent exhibition at the Royal United Hospital that is changed every 6 months.
- Photo Trips – very occasional and usually rely on members to organize them.
- Opportunities to enter club competitions, national and international exhibitions/salons.
- As an active member you can publish images to galleries on the website.
- The Society also has a collection of equipment available for loan to members.
- See http://www.bathphotographicsociety.org.uk/