By Harry Mottram: below are the fixtures of the various sports teams and clubs – I try to keep them up to date – results are regularly posted on our website at Bath Voice.
Athletics: Team Bath Athletics Club is based at the University of Bath Sports Training Village and is open to all abilities and ages from 7 upwards. Sports include track and field, road and trail running, endurance and cross country. Club nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm -8pm.To join and for details visit https://teambathac.org/
Badminton: Bath Badminton Club. Sports Centre, North Parade Road, Bath. The club meet on Thursday evenings all year round except certain holiday periods and August. www.bathbadminton.co.uk
Badminton: Oldfield Park Badminton Club, Hayesfield Sports Hall Upper Oldfield Lane. www.badmintoninbath.co.uk/
Badminton: Bath Women’s Badminton Club. Sports Centre, North Parade Road, Bath. www.bathwomensbadmintonclub.net/
Boules: City of Bath Pétanque Club. The club plays Pétanque and is open to all, with juniors and non-players welcome. If you haven’t played before, give it a go. The club is based at Larkhall Sports Club, but they also play in Queen Square Wednesday mornings, weather permitting.
Croquet: Bath Croquet Club
To join or for more info contact Hester Henebury on email email@example.com or visit https://www.bathcroquet.com/
Cycling: Bath Cycling Club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities – visit https://www.bathcc.net/
Equestrian: Bath Racecourse
See https://www.bath-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on for details.
Football: Bath City FC. Bath play in the National League South, the sixth tier of the football pyramid. The home ground is Twerton Park and the manager is Jerry Gill. Known as the Romans and play in black and white vertical stripes.
- Sat 4 Nov. VNLS. Away V Torquay.
- Tue 7 Nov. VNLS. Away V Weymouth.
- Sat 11 Nov. VNLS. Home V Aveley.
- Tue 14 Nov. VNLS. Home V Slough.
- Tue 21 Nov. VNLS. Away V Hemel H’d.
- Sat 25 Nov. VNLS. Away V Farnb’gh.
- Sat 2 Dec. VNLS. Home V Chelmsford.
Football: Bath City Women.
- Sun 5 Nov. Home V Frome.
- Sun 12 Nov. Away V Weymouth.
- Sun 26 Nov. Home V Poole Town.
- Sun 3 Dec. Away V Purton.
- Football: Larkhall Athletic FC. Founded in 1914 the Larks play in the Southern League Division One South (SLD1S) and are based at the Securitas Stadium, Plain Ham. They are part of Larkhall Sports Club. Visit https://larkhallathletic.com/
- Sat 4 Nov. Home V Hamworthy. 3pm.
- Fri 10 Nov. Away V Yate.
- Sat 18 Nov. Home V Exmouth.
- Sat 25 Nov. Home V Paulton.
•Tue 28 Nov. Away V Wimborne.
- Sat 2 Dec. Away V Mousehole.
- Football: Odd Down FC. They are currently members of the Western League Division One (WLD1) and play at the Lew Hill Memorial Ground.
- Sat 4 Nov 23 WDL1. Home V Cadbury
- Sat 11 Nov 23. WDL1. A V Middlezoy
- Sat 18th Nov 23. WDL1. H V Wincanton
- Sat 25th Nov 23. WDL1. A V Gillingham
- Sat 2nd Dec 23. WDL1. A V Aek Boco
- Hockey: City of Bath Hockey Club
City of Bath were formed from a merger between Bath & Phillipians Hockey Club’s and they play at Lansdown. For details visit https://www.cobhc.org.uk/
Hockey: Team Bath Buccaneers Hockey Club. Team Bath Buccaneers is one of the largest and most successful Hockey Clubs in the West of England with over 800 members. Open to new members. Based at University of Bath. For details visit https://www.teambathbuccaneers.co.uk/clubNews
Hockey: Team Bath Hockey Club. The University of Bath Hockey Club has six men’s and six ladies’ teams who play in the British University & Colleges (BUCS) leagues on Wednesdays. Based at University of Bath. Details at https://www.teambath.com/sport/hockey/
- Rugby: Bath Rugby Union Club Men. Details at https://www.bathrugby.com/ The Blue, Black and White play in the Gallagher Premiership and the Champions Cup.
- Sat 4 Nov. Away V Northampton (GP)
- Fri 10 Nov. Away V Gloucester (GP)
- Fri 17 Nov. Home V Bristol (GP)
- Fri 24 Nov. Away V Sale (GP)
- Sat 2 Dec. Home V Exeter (GP)
Rugby: Bath Rugby Ladies Club Women. For details see https://www.bathrugbyladies.com/
- Rugby: Bath Saracens RFC
Bath Saracens are an amateur rugby club competing in the Dorset & Wilts 3 Central. Formed on 13th March 1947, Bath Saracens are still going strong 75 years on. All welcome to train at Lambridge Training Ground in Bath every Thursday night between 19.30 and 21.00. See https://bathsaracens.co.uk/events/category/games/
Rugby: Combe Down RFC. Founded in 1896 the club currently play home fixtures at Holly’s Corner, Bramble Way. Details on their Face Book site.
Rugby: Bath Gladiators Rugby League Club. Bath Gladiators will participate in the newly established Franchise Rugby League starting this season. Visit: bathgladiators.com/
Tennis: Bloomfield Tennis Club. To join visit https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BloomfieldTennisClub
Tennis: Bath Tennis Club is at Park Lane, Weston, visit www.bathtc.co.uk