By Harry Mottram: below are the fixtures and results plus information of the various sports teams and clubs – I try to keep them up to date but do send in your results and news to email@example.com
Bath Cricket Club continue their winning start to the season while the football clubs have been publishing their friendly fixtures ahead of the new season.
Sports listed in Alphabetical Order
Bath Killer Bees
The Bath Killer Bees are current members of the British Universities American Football League (BUAFL)’s South Western Atlantic Conference (SWAC). They are recruiting for the 2023/24 season to begin our assault on BUCS South West Division 1. Season restarts in the autumn. See their website for details.
Bath Cricket Club
The club is based at North Parade and was founded in 1859 and has a long and interesting history charted on their website at https://www.bathcricket.com/
There are four main teams with the first team’s fixtures listed below – with two elevens of the Bath Wanderers Women sides and an U19’s XI as well. Plus, there are teams for girls from U10s to U15s, and youth cricket for the same ages – to join or for more info visit the website.
The men’s first team play in the West of England Premier Cricket League, the ECB National Club Championship, the ECB T20 competition and the Somerset Cup.
NEWS: This is a match report from the club:
Bath CC 1st XI v Chippenham CC 1st XI on 30 May.
Bath CC 1st XI recorded a convincing seven wicket victory against Chippenham CC 1st XI on Saturday at North Parade. After winning the toss and electing to bat, the Chippenham opening batters made a bright start, putting on 75 before George Axtell removed Jack Goodwin for 33. This started a mini collapse as Axtell then trapped Tom Makepiece (3) in front, and bowled Dylan Church (30) to leave Chippenham 80-3. The Chippenham batters then began to rebuild their innings, firstly through Josh Smith (19) and Luke Charlesworth (58), and then with contributions from Caleb Rowe (20) and Charlie Slade (22), Chippenham took their score up to an under par, 222 all out in the 49th over. The pick of the Bath bowlers was once again, George Axtell with 5-13 from his six over spell.
Bath’s reply got off to a positive start with the opener’s putting on 69 before Jack Scrivens was out for 41. This brought Kester Moseley to the crease to join Brad Porteous, who combined to build an important partnership of 83 before Moseley was out for 32. With the score on 152-2, Bath still had 17 overs to score a further 73 runs to win, and despite losing Porteous for an excellent 77, Sam Young (39*) and Jason Marshall (22*) took the Bath side home with six overs still to be bowled. Bath picked up 22 points to remain joint top of Premier One with Bridgwater CC.
Fixture list and results:
• Sat 20 May (WEPL) Away fixture V Bridgwater; Bath win by 7wkts
• Thu 25 May (Somerset Cup) Home. V Frome. Won by 121 runs
• Sat 27 May (WEPL) home fixture V Chippenham; Won by 7 wkts
• Sun 28 May. ECB Nat Club Championship. Away. Keynsham. Won by 209 runs
• Mon 29 May. ECB T20 Away. Potterne. Won by 44 runs.
• Mon 29 May. ECB T20 Away. Corsham. Tied Match.
• Sat 3rd Jun (WEPL) Away fixture V Potterne; lost by 2 wkts
• Sat 10 Jun (WEPL) Home fixture V Bristol.
• Sat 17 Jun (WEPL) Away. Lansdown.
• Sun 18 Jun. ECB. Away. Penzance. ECB.
• Sat 24 Jun. Bedminster. Home. WEPL.
• Sat 1 Jul. Bristol. Home. WEPL
Bath Wanderers Women Cricket Club
The team will take part in the West of England Premier Cricket League this season with games:
• Sun 28 May Away V Dumbleton. 1.30pm. Won by 10wkts
• Sun 11 June Home V Royal Wootton Bassett.
• Sun 2 Jul Home V Taunton
• Sun 16 Jul Home V Devizes
Bear Flat Cricket Club
Established in 1982, the Bears are in Division 1 of the Wiltshire County Cricket League on Saturdays, with a home ground at The Glasshouse Academy, Bradford Road, Combe Down, Bath; there’s also games in Division 7 Blue of the Somerset Monmouth League on Saturdays, home ground the Ken Willcox Ground, Peasedown St John, Bath; and friendlies against clubs based in Somerset/Wiltshire on Sundays; and T20 games against clubs based in Somerset/Wiltshire midweek; plus they participation in the Somerset Knock Out cup.
For more details of the various teams plus the youth and children teams visit https://bearflatcc.org.uk/
• Sat, June 3. Swindon Nalgo Home. Won by 118 runs.
• Sat, Jun 10 Malmesbury – Away
• Sat, Jun 17 Marlborough – Home
• Sat, Jun 24 Calne – Home
• Sat, Jul 1 Chippenham – Away
• Sat, Jul 8 Trowbridge – Away
• Sat 15 Jul. Home V Swindon CC
Somerset County Cricket Club
The club are based at the county ground in Taunton although in the past have played some matches at Bath and Weston-super-Mare. They are in the top flight of the cricket structure and have two first class elevens plus a women’s team (see below). For details visit https://somersetcountycc.co.uk/
News: the club are enjoying a good season with an unbeaten run of results.
Men 1st XI
• Thu 18 May (CCDO) Away V Middlesex. Somerset win by an innings and 11 runs.
• Wed 24 May Vitality Blast (VB) Home fixture V Hampshire Hawks. Won by 8 wkts
• Fri 26 May (VB) Away fixture V Sussex Sharks. Won by 5 wkts
• Sun 28 May (VB) Home fixture V Glamorgan. Won by 4 wkts
• Tue 30 May (VB) Away fixtures V Kent Spitfires. Won by 13 runs
• Fri 2 Jun (VB) Home fixture V Middlesex. Won by 9wkts.
• Sun 4 Jun (VB) Home fixture V Essex Eagles. Won by 11 runs.
• Wed 7 Jun (VB) Away fixture V Hampshire Hawks. Won by 5 runs
• Fri 9 Jun (VB) Away fixture V Gloucestershire. Won by 80 runs.
• Sun 11 Jun (LVICC) Away V Essex
• Fri 16 Jun (VB) Home V Surrey
• Mon 19 Jun (VB) Away V Essex
• Wed 21 June (VB) Away V Glamorgan
• Sun 25 Jun (LVICC) Home V Nottinghamshire
• Fri 30 June (VB) Away V Surrey
• Sun 2 July (VB) Home V Kent
• Mon 10 Jul (LVICC) Home V Hampshire
• Wed 19 Jul (LVICC) Away V Northamptonshire
• Tue 25 Jul (LVICC) Home V Surrey
Women Somerset County Cricket
• Sun 18 Jun. Away V Wales.
• Sun 25 Jun. Home V Gloucestershire (at Taunton Vale Club)
• Sun 20 Aug. Home V Wiltshire (at Wells Cathedral school)
Bath Croquet Club
Taster Session – Sat 10th June am, plus 2 follow-up sessions on 17th and 24th June.
Please contact Hester Henebury (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express interest or obtain further information. Visit https://www.bathcroquet.com/
Bath Cycling Club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities – visit https://www.bathcc.net/
Athletics: Team bath Athletics Club is based at the University of Bath Sports Training Village and is open to all abilities and ages from 7 upwards. Sports include track and field, road and trail running, endurance and cross country. Club nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm -8pm.To join and for details visit https://teambathac.org/
The annual cycling event has been put off this year until 2024.
Sat 17 Jun. Ladies Day.
Wed 28 Jun. Summer Evening Meeting
Wed 5 Jul. Summer Evening Meeting
Wed 12 Jul. Summer Evening Meeting
Wed 19 Jul. Afternoon Meeting
British Eventing Meeting runs from 4-6 August 2023.
Bath City FC.
• AWAY game. Tuesday 4 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Shaftesbury FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Saturday 8 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Frome Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday 11 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Bath City V Bristol City U23s. Friendly.
• HOME game. Saturday 15 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Bath City V Exeter City FC. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Tuesday 18 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Tiverton Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Saturday 29 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Yate Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
Odd Down FC
• AWAY game. Friday 14 July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Calne Town FC V Odd Down FC. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday, 18 July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Odd Down V Trowbridge Town FC. Lew Hill memorial Ground. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday, 25th July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Odd Down V Melksham Town FC. Lew Hill memorial Ground. Friendly.
City of Bath Hockey Club
City of Bath were formed from a merger between Bath & Phillipians Hockey Club’s and they play at Lansdown. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Buccaneers Hockey Club
Team Bath Buccaneers is one of the largest and most successful Hockey Clubs in the West of England with over 800 members. Open to new members. Based at University of Bath. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Hockey Club
The University of Bath Hockey Club has six men’s and six ladies’ teams who play in the British University & Colleges (BUCS) leagues on Wednesdays. Based at University of Bath. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Netball.
• HOME Fixture: Friday, 12th May, 2023. 3pm
Team Bath 63 V Manchester Thunder 67
• AWAY Fixture: Saturday 20 May, 2023, 3pm
Leeds Rhinos 59 V Team Bath 55
• AWAY Fixture: Monday 22 May 2023, 5.30pm
Saracens Mavericks 54 V Team Bath 57
• AWAY Fixture: Friday 2 June 2023, 7.30pm
Loughborough Lightening 47 V Team Bath 41
Bath Rugby Union Club Men
Bath Rugby Union Club Women
Bath Rugby take part in the Bournemouth Super Sevens Series.
Bath Saracens RFC
Bath Saracens are an amateur rugby club competing in the Dorset & Wilts 3 Central. Formed on 13th March 1947, Bath Saracens are still going strong 75 years on. All welcome to train at Lambridge Training Ground in Bath every Thursday night between 19.30 and 21.00.
Comb Down RFC
in 1896 the club currently play home fixtures at Holly’s Corner, Bramble Way. Details at https://combedownrfc.rfu.club/
Based at Bath Leisure Centre and established in 1899, Bath Dolphin Swimming Club (BDSC) is one of the oldest swimming clubs in the South West Region. They provide competitive swimming opportunities for young swimmers through to a masters swimming group.
As a holder of the Swim England quality accreditation, Swim Mark, they offer a year round competitive swim team with high quality coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities.
Bloomfield Tennis Club was founded in 1927 and is located at 98 Wellsway, Bath. The club welcomes new members. To join visit https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BloomfieldTennisClub
Bath Tennis Club is at Park Lane, Weston, and bills itself at a friendly club. The club has a number of membership categories ranging from pay as you go to full membership. For details visit www.bathtc.co.uk