By Harry Mottram: You may have thought the football season is over – and it is – but the city’s teams have published their friendly warm up matches for July ahead of the new season. Elsewhere the cricket teams are in action while croquet is attracting new players to the Rec. Do send in your club and team news to email@example.com
Sports listed in Alphabetical Order
Bath Killer Bees
The Bath Killer Bees are current members of the British Universities American Football League (BUAFL)’s South Western Atlantic Conference (SWAC).
Season restarts in the autumn.
Bath Cricket Club
• Sat 20 May (WEPL) Away fixture V Bridgwater; bath win by 7wkts
• Thu 25 May (Somerset Cup) Home. V Frome. Won by 121 runs
• Sat 27 May (WEPL) home fixture V Chippenham; Won by 7 wkts
• Sun 28 May. ECB Nat Club Championship. Away. Keynsham. Won by 209 runs
• Mon 29 May. ECB T20 Away. Potterne.
• Mon 29 May. ECB T20 Away. Corsham.
• Sat 3rd Jun (WEPL) Away fixture V Potterne;
• Sat 10 Jun (WEPL)Home fixture V Bristol.
• 17 Jun (WEPL) Away. Lansdown.
Bath Wanderers Women Cricket Club
The team will take part in the West of England Premier Cricket League this season with games:
• Sun 28 May Away V Dumbleton. 1.30pm. Won by 10wkts
• Sun 11 June Home V Royal Wootton Bassett.
• Sun 2 Jul Home V Taunton
• Sun 16 Jul Home V Devizes
Bear Flat Cricket Club
Established in 1982, the Bears are in Division 1 of the Wiltshire County Cricket League on Saturdays, with a home ground at The Glasshouse Academy, Bradford Road, Combe Down, Bath; there’s also games in Division 7 Blue of the Somerset Monmouth League on Saturdays, home ground the Ken Willcox Ground, Peasedown St John, Bath; and friendlies against clubs based in Somerset/Wiltshire on Sundays; and T20 games against clubs based in Somerset/Wiltshire midweek; plus they participation in the Somerset Knock Out cup.
• Sat, June 3. Swindon Nalgo Home
• Sat, Jun 10 Malmesbury – Away
• Sat, Jun 17 Marlborough – Home
• Sat, Jun 24 Calne – Home
• Sat, Jul 1 Chippenham – Away
• Sat, Jul 8 Trowbridge – Away
Somerset County Cricket Club
Men 1st XI
• Thu 18 May (CCDO) Away V Middlesex. Somerset win by an innings and 11 runs.
• Wed 24 May Vitality Blast (VB) Home fixture V Hampshire Hawks. Won by 8 wkts
• Fri 26 May (VB) Away fixture V Sussex Sharks. Won by 5 wkts
• Sun 28 May (VB) Home fixture V Glamorgan. Won by 4 wkts
• Tue 30 May (VB) Away fixtures V Kent Spitfires.
• Fri 2 Jun (VB) Home fixture V Middlesex.
• Sun 4 Jun (VB) Home fixture V Essex Eagles.
• Wed 7 Jun (VB) Away fixture V Hampshire Hawks.
• Fri 9 Jun (VB) Away fixture V Gloucestershire.
• Sun 11 Jun (LVICC) Away V Essex
• Fri 16 Jun (VB) Home V Surrey
• Mon 19 Jun (VB) Away V Essex
• Wed 21 June (VB) Away V Glamorgan
• Sun 25 Jun (LVICC) Home V Nottinghamshire
• Fri 30 June (VB) Away V Surrey
• Sun 2 July (VB) Home V Kent
• Mon 10 Jul (LVICC) Home V Hampshire
Women Somerset County Cricket
• SOMERSET VS WALES
Sunday 18 June 2023 11:00 am
• SOMERSET VS GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Sunday 25 June 2023 11:00 am
Bath Croquet Club
GC Advantage Doubles Trial. May 14th, 2023
The format was two American blocks of four pairs, in which all played all. Pairings were self-selected, and blocks were filled in the order that people signed up. Mean handicaps ranged from 6-12 and were remarkably evenly represented in each block.
In the end every pair had at least one win, which was pleasing. In Block A Timothy Cantell & Brenda Fisher (GC9) won two out of three games and became block winners by beating Lyndon Hughes and Anwen Owen (GC8) after a long hard tussle on Lawn 4. In Block B Elaine Morrison & Miriam Bolger (GC7) emerged as block winners, having won all three of their games that morning.
Bath Cycling Club welcomes new members of all ages and abilities – visit https://www.bathcc.net/
Athletics: Team bath Athletics Club is based at the University of Bath Sports Training Village and is open to all abilities and ages from 7 upwards. Sports include track and field, road and trail running, endurance and cross country. Club nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm -8pm.To join and for details visit https://teambathac.org/
The annual cycling event has been put off this year until 2024.
Meetings on 9th June and Ladies Day on 17th June.
British Eventing Meeting runs from 406 August 2023.
Bath City FC.
• AWAY game. Tuesday 4 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Shaftesbury FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Saturday 8 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Frome Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday 11 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Bath City V Bristol City U23s. Friendly.
• HOME game. Saturday 15 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Bath City V Exeter City FC. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Tuesday 18 July, 2023. KO 7.45pm
Tiverton Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
• AWAY game. Saturday 29 July, 2023. KO 3pm
Yate Town FC V Bath City. Friendly.
Odd Down FC
• AWAY game. Friday 14 July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Calne Town FC V Odd Down FC. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday, 18 July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Odd Down V Trowbridge Town FC. Lew Hill memorial Ground. Friendly.
• HOME game. Tuesday, 25th July, 2023. KO 7.30pm.
Odd Down V Melksham Town FC. Lew Hill memorial Ground. Friendly.
City of Bath Hockey Club
City of Bath were formed from a merger between Bath & Phillipians Hockey Club’s and they play at Lansdown. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Buccaneers Hockey Club
Team Bath Buccaneers is one of the largest and most successful Hockey Clubs in the West of England with over 800 members. Open to new members. Based at University of Bath. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Hockey Club
The University of Bath Hockey Club has six men’s and six ladies’ teams who play in the British University & Colleges (BUCS) leagues on Wednesdays. Based at University of Bath. Fixtures restart in the autumn.
Team Bath Netball.
• HOME Fixture: Friday, 12th May, 2023. 3pm
Team Bath 63 V Manchester Thunder 67
• AWAY Fixture: Saturday 20 May, 2023, 3pm
Leeds Rhinos 59 V Team Bath 55
• AWAY Fixture: Monday 22 May 2023, 5.30pm
Saracens Mavericks 54 V Team Bath 57
• AWAY Fixture: Friday 2 June 2023, 7.30pm
Loughborough Lightening V Team Bath
Bath Rugby Union Club Men
Following his inclusion in Mark Mapletoft’s U20 England squad, Harvey Cuckson will lock-in in the second row to face Georgia U20 this weekend. Yet to receive his first cap in Blue, Black and White since joining the Bath Rugby Academy earlier this year, this will be Cuckson’s debut for England U20 after impressing in his England U18 and U19 appearances. In the first of a two-match tour, the England U20 side will take to the pitch at the Avchala Stadium in Georgia’s capital Tbilisi, kicking off at 16:00 BST (19:00 local time).
Bath Rugby Union Club Women
After a week’s rest, Bath Rugby head to one of the biggest 7s festivals of the summer at Bournemouth Super Sevens Series. Head Coach Maria Crowfoot has named a 13-player squad for the Dorset-based tournament, with two guest players featuring to bolster the side after suffering recent injuries.
Bath Saracens RFC
Bath Saracens are an amateur rugby club competing in the Dorset & Wilts 3 Central. Formed on 13th March 1947, Bath Saracens are still going strong 75 years on. All welcome to train at Lambridge Training Ground in Bath every Thursday night between 19.30 and 21.00.
Comb Down RFC
in 1896 the club currently play home fixtures at Holly’s Corner, Bramble Way. Details at https://combedownrfc.rfu.club/
Based at Bath Leisure Centre and established in 1899, Bath Dolphin Swimming Club (BDSC) is one of the oldest swimming clubs in the South West Region. They provide competitive swimming opportunities for young swimmers through to a masters swimming group.
As a holder of the Swim England quality accreditation, Swim Mark, they offer a year round competitive swim team with high quality coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities.
Bloomfield Tennis Club was founded in 1927 and is located at 98 Wellsway, Bath. The club welcomes new members. To join visit https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BloomfieldTennisClub
Bath Tennis Club is at Park Lane, Weston, and bills itself at a friendly club. The club has a number of membership categories ranging from pay as you go to full membership. For details visit www.bathtc.co.uk